Accelerated Reader @ CSHS
Search titles of AR books:
Take an AR Quiz:
CSHS AR Program Procedures
*Each student will have an individual reading goal based on their reading ability, the time the school gives them to read, and their comprehension of the book (TOPS tests).
*Each student will work for the same goal both semesters.
*Goals are based on 3 aspects of AR:
1. Average Percent Correct goal: all TOPS quiz scores average 85% or better.
2. ZPD goal: all books read have an average level of the student’s lowest ZPD number.
3. Point goal: point totals are based on in-school reading time (20 minutes) allowed and grade equivalent reading level.
*SUCCESSFULLY meeting your 3 AR goals means:
1. Perfect AR grade in English class (grade based on percentage of goals met)
2. Opt out of the FINAL of your choice (with a C or better in the class)